Thursday, October 2, 2008

Long Time no post

Well it looks like my computer will let me upload photos again, so here are a few new ones along with some news. I am on school holidays right now so I actually have time to catch up on all of the things I have been meaning to do for awhile. It is stinking hot today (we are going into spring) and I spent the afternoon at the beach and now I am in the air conditioning. I only have nine weeks of work left before the school year is over!! Crazy how time flies. And to think the wedding was basically this time last year. It has been a good but hectic year.


Malnly are in the Grand Final again this year (it is on Sunday) and the Northern Beaches have MANLY FEVER!!! It is such a good atmosphere. It is a rematch of last year so it will be huge if they win since they lost last year. Everywhere you go there are Manly car flags and people in Jerseys and t-shirts. Makes me proud since Kieran is in charge of all the merchanidise. I have not seen him for more then 3 or 4 hours since last Saturday night after they won - long hours that hopefully will be worth it when they win! The photo below is at the semifinal. He will be getting a well deserved break. He leaves for the States on Nov 14 and plans on spending down time in Florida and Cali while he does his work traveling.


My work is great. Last term was a long 10 weeks with some drama with some staff and parents but we all survived and the kids are doing so well. Most of them are going to mainstream classes ("normal 1st and 2nd grade rooms) next year so we are getting them ready for that. I will get to be out of room a lot and taking them to spend time in the mainstream rooms next term. Very big deal for them and their parnents. We went to the beach on the last day before holidays...it is right across the street from our school! We had a picnic and the kids had a great time making sand castles and running around. Some of the boys are in the photo above. So good to have warmer weather and longer days!
The cat turns one this month and he pretty much runs the show around here. An unfortunate habit he has picked up is hunting. His favorite vicitims are these tiny lizards that run around everywhere. He feels the need to bring them in and show me which is starting to get gross. Oh well. Other then that he is great. No more real dramas with ticks which is a relief. He will hate being at the kennal when we are in the States - too bad we cannot bring him with.

We are still saving up for a place. We really like where we are though and really lucked out. So grateful our friendd is letting us stay here. It is great being by a lake with a nice path and the beach is right beyond the lake. Kieran has his fishing gear all ready for when the season is over. I'm still biking or walking to work and Kieran is only like 15 min from his. Well, not much else to report on. I have another week of lunches with friends and R&R before going back to school. I plan on heading home on Dec. 11th so it will be here before you know it!!





1 comment:

Chi Cares said...

Hey Ang,

Love the bangs!

GO Manly!!! Come on now.