Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby AND a new place, guess it's time to grow up!


Well, as you all know, our lives have been pretty chaotic these last couple of months. We moved into our new place the last weekend in July only a week after finding out I was pregnant! The baby was a big surprise but one that we have embraced. So far everything is going smoothly (minus a few sessions hugging the toilet and my clothes starting to not fit). We went to the doctor a week and a half ago and we were able to hear the heartbeat which was great! Kieran has been awesome about cleaning and taking care of me on the days where I just have enough energy to drag my butt out of bed and go to work. He is busy with the football season being in full swing as well so I am Lucky to have such a hard working hubby.

Our place has been a good fit for us so far. It needs a lot of work to get it where we want it to be and the ball really gets rolling next Monday when some workers come in and put in some electrical work, new lighting and a false ceiling (to cover up the nasty old one we have from back in the 1960's).Once that is finished we will paint the rooms and get started on the nursery. I took some photos of the inside of our place but I think they will look better once I can compare them to the "After" shots so I will hold off on posting them. I have put some pictures of the exterior of our building and the paint colors we have picked. It is hard to get a good feel for what they look like but we are trying to get the "beachy" feel happening since we are a block from the ocean and right on the lake. In one of the photos I am in a kayak since we rented kayaks by the lake where we live to go around in. Pretty cool. The only real work we have done to our place so far is some sanding back of doors and windows so they are ready to be painted when the time comes. You can sort of see where my baby bump is starting to form in that picture :)


My personal training class is done in 5 weeks and then I have no idea what I will do as I will be too pregnant to get a job at a gym. Probably just train some of my friends and then once the baby comes decide how much I will go back to work. I am meeting with my principal next week to discuss maternity leave options. I am sure I will only work part time so I can spend time with the baby and save money on daycare. Still have to get through the next 6 months before we worry too much about that. Anybody want to move here and be alive in nanny? haha
Well, I will do MUCH better with photos and things as we progress. Keep in touch and if you have good baby name suggestions r house renovation tips let us know!















1 comment:

Beth Gales said...

Great pics, congrats!