Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year's Resolution starts now.

So as I said in an earlier email, my New Year's Resolution was to be better about maintaining my blog and putting up photos. I think the baby will be my motivation but as she is not here yet I will get started now!

2010 has flown by so far. we ran gin the new year by going on a dinner date and then off to a friends house to watch the Sydney fireworks and hang out. It was th first time I had seen the Sydney fireworks other than on TV and they were really impressive!

Kieran went back to work on the 4th and I am off now until July! Even though I am not "working" I have been keeping busy nesting and ticking things off a long list of stuff to do around the house. It was all fun stuff at first like SHOPPING for baby nursery items, living room furniture and other things to complete our home. Now that I have spent all of our money (haha) it is more cleaning and organizing things so when Feb. rolls around we are ready to go. I had a baby shower this weekend where I got lots of nice gifts so we are pretty much set for Baby Houlahan's arrival.


She will be here anytime really. We had aour classes at the hospital and we feel as prepared as we can be but man, it is scary when they show you the birth video, epidural needle, etc!! Fingers crossed everything will go well. Kieran has both cars full of gas at all times and the bags are packed for go time! I still feel well but it is getting really heavy and uncomfortable. She is super active and I am at the point where I just want it to happen. Energy levels are low and sleeping is pretty uncomfortable. I am resting lots too because I k.ow once the baby comes it is all over!!

I have stopped going to the gym now but still exercise by swimming. I have gotten back into it by going down to our beach (pictured below) and swimming laps in the "rock pool". This is a fenced off area where there are no waves or fish to worry about. I have my little goggles and go down and swim some laps with the senior citizens...all the cool young people are surfing and in the waves but I'm happy just to be weightless for a little while and out in the sun getting some exercise:) These photos were taken on Xmas eve day...no snow here!


Kieran is good. He is back in work mode since it is the pre-season. He has a new CEO at work and will be opening a new merchanidse shop near the stadium which will be open 5 days a week.
Lots of planning and time went into it. It is good for him to exercise and stay social. A lot of the guys he plays with have young kids so they are a good support group for him since many of his friends are not able to relate to what he is going through. I am hoping he will contribute to this blog once in awhile so it is not all about me!
We really miss everyone back home and this is our way to try and keep you all informed. I will use this writ info on but I think I will be using a site called, "smilebox" to put up baby photos. Will keep you posted. We also are on SKYPE so add us if you are on there and want to talk - it is a nice way to see everyone and talk for free as well.
Ok - signing off for this month. Will update again when something exciting happens...just playing the waiting game for now! Feb. is going to be the biggest month of our lives!!























No comments: